NEWSPAPER ARTICLE/CHRONICLE COMPETITION
Untuk semua siswa dari sekolah-sekolah yang berpartisipasi dalam “Home and School Energy Champion 2012” yuk ikut ARTICLE COMPETITION !!
Competition start: 3rd of March 2012
Competition Deadline: 19th of July 2012 before 6 pm.
Participants: All the schools participating in the competition
An article/chronicle about “Energy Efficiency in Our Daily Life”
The participants are challenged to submit their writings related to the theme “Energy Efficiency in Our Daily Life”. However, the challenge will have some criteria. The article is aimed for high school students and the chronicle is aimed for elementary students.
This competition is individual.
The participants can useBahasa Indonesia or English as writing language, but writing in English would be an advantage.
Rules and Prerequisites
1. The challenge is for students only (elementary, junior high or high school students)
2. The challenge is open for any student enrolled in Jakarta and Greater Jakarta area
3. Each participant is allowed to submit only one article/chronicle.
4. The article/chronicle is an original work and never been published in mass media or submitted to other competition
5. The length of both article and chronicle should not more than 2500 words
6. For references, the article must follow APA style of citation
7. Any article that is breaching copyrights (i.e. quoting some facts without mentioning the reference) will be disqualified
8. The Competition Secretariat will have the right to copy, publish and distribute the article/chronicle for official use
9. The winner’s article/chronicle will have the possibility to be published in the Secretariat Media Partner.
10. There judges will take their decision upon:
a. Relevance to Energy Efficiency
b. Relevance to Energy Awareness
c. Relevance to the situation in Indonesia
d. Relevance to global warming
f. Language (the judge will adapt this component with the writer’s age)
g. in depth coverage
11. The judges will be professionals in writing and energy efficiency and their decision will be final and irrevocable.
Please submit your final writing in doc/docx/pdf formattogether with scanned copy of the Student ID Card and a bio data to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is the example of the bio:
Email and Ph. Number
The Competition Secretariat must receive the article/chronicle before19th of July2012 (6 pm). The Secretariat will reject any article that arrives after the deadline.
1st prize: iPad2 3G + wifi 32GB
2nd prize: iPad2 3G + wifi 16GB
3rd prize: iPad2 wifi 16 GB
For further information about the challenge, kindly email to email@example.com.